Bungie announced it plans to reveal what’s next for Destiny during a livestream next week.
The livestream—which will air on Thursday, June 9 at 10 am PT on Bungie’s Twitch channel—will give players a “first glimpse” into what’s coming “later on this year.” Players will learn of the “next threat” Guardians will face. A “deeper dive” with the Destiny development team will follow.
Earlier in May, marketing materials for Destiny’s next expansion, reportedly called Rise of Iron, were leaked to Reddit. Kotaku sources confirmed the authenticity of the leak, saying the DLC will likely include a fallen-themed raid and be “larger than both year-one DLC packs.”
Blizzard is staying true to its promise to permanently ban Overwatch cheaters, including players taking advantage of “hacks, bots, or third-party software that provides any sort of unfair advantage,” on their first offense.
A recent “worldwide” ban wave was announced on the official Overwatch forums, which includes 1,572 players in China alone.
Blizzard reminds Overwatch players that they can use the in-game report functionality to inform them of suspected cheaters, or email [email protected]
More than 7 million players have joined Overwatch’s fight for the future, Blizzard Entertainment announced today.
Since the game launched worldwide on May 24, players have logged more than 119 million hours, making the launch one of the “most successful” of all time. Eleven million payloads have been delivered, with players swapping out heroes 326 million times.
Overwatch has seen support from Blizzard gamers, first-person shooter fans, and folks “who’ve never picked up a game like
before,” Blizzard CEO Mike Morhaime said. “We poured a lot of effort into creating a game—and a new universe—that anyone could enjoy.”
Morhaime added Blizzard is looking forward to “all of the fun, competition, and new content still to come.”
Brace yourselves: E3 2016 is nearly upon us. From June 12-16, the entire gaming industry will converge on Los Angeles to showcase the biggest games that we’ll be playing for 2016 and beyond. We’ve been updating our Games of E3 List whenever news drops, but now we’re going to go even deeper. Every day leading up to the show, we’re going to highlight one of the biggest games that we hope to see more of at E3. Up today: the Next Big Mario Game!
Developer Bossa Studios is letting players operate on reality TV personality and presidential candidate Donald Trump.
The Inside Donald Trump update is free for those who own Surgeon Simulator: Anniversary Edition on Steam. Players who have Surgeon Simulator 2013 will have to upgrade to the newer edition to perform surgery on Trump.
Inside Donald Trump for Surgeon Simulator
Players get to vote via surgery, choosing whether to give Trump a heart of gold or a heart of stone. Results are tracked live on the Surgeon Simulator website. At the time of writing, 64 percent of players—around 49 in total—had given Trump the stone-heart transplant.
Nintendo has announced the schedule for its E3 livestream, which includes live gameplay for The Legend of Zelda Wii U and new Pokemon games.
Starting at 9am PT on June 14, the livestream will kick off with new gameplay from Pokemon Sun and Moon, before showing off Zelda.
On June 15, the stream will begin at 10am PT, showcasing a Q&A with Pokemon Go developer Niantic Labs, before showing off upcoming games for both Wii U and 3DS, “including Monster Hunter Generations, Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE”.
The Nintendo of Japan website is also advertising an “E3 2016 Pokemon Special” at 7am PT on June 16, but it’s not yet clear if this will be a part of the wider Treehouse: Live programme.
EA’s CFO has said that, during the process of greenlighting DICE’s Battlefield 1, the publishers wasn’t sure if younger potential consumers would know what World War 1, World War 2 or even the Vietnam War were.
“World War 1,” said Blake Jorgensen at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch 2016 Global Technology Conference (as reported by GameSpot). “We were worried that many of the younger consumers out there didn’t know that there was a World War 2 or Vietnam, so World War 1…”
It seems to have been a long, questioning road for DICE’s new project. Last month, we learned that EA Studios boss Patrick Söderlund originally “absolutely rejected” DICE’s pitch, saying that a trench war “can’t be fun to play.”